Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nash....and 911

Oh my....so I don't know what goes on in Nash's little mind sometimes. On Wednesday this week I was downstairs playing with Mya, and we get a phone call from the 911 dispatcher saying they received a call from this house. I said no, it was a mistake....I have a 5 year old in the house who called. I hung up and called for Nash. This is how our conversation went....

Me: "NASH!!!!! Where are you? Come here."
Nash: "What?"
Me: "Did you just call 911?"
Nash: "yes"
Me: "Why???"
Nash: "Because I wanted you to go to jail."
Me: "WHAT???? Why?"
Nash: "Because you were being mean to me."

Oh my heck....I wouldn't let him watch a certain movie. So after sending him to his room for a while he comes out ......

Nash: "Mom, are the police still coming??"
Me: " No! But if they were, they are coming for YOU not me....."
Nash: "but i don't want to go to jail."

I explain to him why he can't call 911 if there is not an emergency. I try to think of something that is a good punishment...I know I can't just spank him because that will just make him even more mad....and he'll call 911 saying his mom hit him!!! So instead... the next day I take him to the Police department and the Fire Station to apologize to them. He was so worried they were going to keep him and take him to jail. It was hilarious. (and while we were leaving my father-in-law says to Nash...."okay nash....if they keep you i'll come visit you in the morning.) We go....he apologizes....they sit down with Nash and explain to him again why he can't just call 911 when he's mad. He is so embarrassed.....and hopefully he learned his lesson!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so flipping hillarious!!

Kayla said...

Good idea making him go and apologize. I never would of thought of that! Mieley called 911once, but she was only like 6 months old, so I couldn't get mad - I was just way embarrassed!

Kenda said...

Oh my goodness! He is the funniest kid! What a great idea to take him there and have him apologize and let them talk to him. Good job girl!

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

Mel, that was the best idea ever! I would never have thought to take him down to the police station! Nash will never do that again. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but it's a great story to tell now.

Tanya said...

That is so funny!!!! Very smart to take him to the police station, I don't think he'll be calling them again!

SHANNA said...

i just heard about this last night! what a little stinker. i think the crime fit the punishment perfectly. i cannot believe he did that!!

Jessica said...

That is so funny. Smart to take him down to apologize. Were they totally cool about it? I would love to hear more.

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

wow, oh wow, that is soo funny! but that was awesome to take him and show him the reality of it.

Nikki said...

that is soo funny! i love it!

Brittany said...

way to teach him his lesson!! he's such a smart kid--it'll be hard being one step ahead of him! that is so hilarious!!!

Kimberly said...

That is awesome and hilarious all at once!

birchfam said...

oh my gosh, that is sooooo funny!!

Britt Butler said...

Oh my gosh that is SO funny!!