Monday, January 7, 2008

New Years Resolution

Well, after reading my sister's resolutions on her blog, I decided it was time to make mine. I don't think I've made them in the past, so I better start. Besides, me writing them down, and telling people, then maybe I might be more willing to do them. So....

First, I will get rid of Mya's pacifier. She is almost 2 years old and still has the dang thing. It is a pet peeve of mine to see older kids with one, and here she is. Yes, she mostly has it at night, but still. I need to get rid of it, and she just won't let me! So, it is my goal to just throw them all out, and just suffer through her crying, and just get it done with!

Second, I will cook more. I hate figuring out what to cook, and I hate the cleaning up part. It is just so much easier to go out to eat! But, tyson really likes home cooked meals and drops hints ALL the time that I should be "more of a homemaker." So, I will try to cook more. So anyone with easy good recipes....send them this way!!!

Lastly, I will try to enjoy living in Rexburg while I am here. I hate cold weather, and pretty much Idaho in general. I was so jealous to see my sisters and parents leave Idaho, while I had to stay here. But a happy mom, is a happy family right? So, I will try to do better here and just put on a happy face (but still let it be know I am ready to leave at any moment!).

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

6 comments:

SHANNA said...

i too have the cooking issue!!! ever since ollie was born, i have not been able to get my act together. good luck with your resolutions!!!

Meagan Cooper said...

Great new years goals.. We will for sure have to have a recipe swap day, And I will try to help you enjoy the Burg more, we'll have to do a double date one of these days..

biddles and scootch said...

good luck!!

Rboot said...

Poor Mya, send her to us and we will deal with the pacifier issue.

Brittany said...

way to go! i'm proud of you mel, but maybe you should add to the list "move back to GA"... :)

The Schaefer's said...

Mel,
My kids had pacifiers until they were three! I know what you mean about the pet peeve thing. We did the Paci Fairy. She's like the tooth fairy, but you put all the pacis in a gift bag and put it by the door at night. The next morning there is a "Big girl" toy in there for Mya. It does work, but you have to find the kid's stash of pacis :c). As far as the cooking, go to http://www.kraftfoods.com. They have great easy recipes that are made in usually less than 30 minutes. Also, http://www.campbells.com is a great site for easy recipes, too. Good luck.
Jen Schaefer